Charlotte Rae (born Charlotte Rae Lubotsky on April 22, 1926 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin) is an American actress who portrayed the role of Edna Garrett on "Diff'rent Strokes" and "The Facts of Life."
- Attended Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, but did not complete her studies.
- Member of Alpha Epsilon Phi sorority.
- Graduated from Shorewood High School in Shorewood, Wisconsin in 1944.
- Before she was a successful actress, Charlotte used to work at nearly every nightclub for unfamiliar singers in New York City.
- Her parents were Russian Jewish immigrants.
- When she was a little girl, Charlotte acted with the Wauwatosa Children's Theatre and performed on the radio.
- Had a pacemaker implanted in her chest in 1982.
- Was screened and diagnosed early with pancreatic cancer; went into remission after 6 months of chemotherapy.
- Diagnosed with bone cancer in 2017.
- Was married to composer John Strauss from 1951 to 1976; had two sons with him: Larry & Andrew.